Crowd the Council – Support Affordable Housing
For those interested in supporting more affordable housing in Billings, your voice is needed at the Billings City Council meeting where they will hear public comment on a multi-family housing development.
This is much needed housing for Billings and there will likely be plenty of nearby land owners there to show their opposition. It’s essential that we show up and make our voice heard. There are zoom options, but in person is better. Please spread the word! This combination housing, condo and apartment development is aimed at market rate rental homes, which would make it affordable (< or = 30% of household income) to a household making Billings’ median household income of $63,608. So it is technically “workforce housing” which is defined as affordable to households making 80-120% median household income.
The best way to voice your support is to tell a personal story about (1) how high housing prices have affected you or anyone you know, (2) how important stable housing is to your quality of life, and (3) that you support this zone change.
- In Person: Council Chambers, second floor of City Hall, 220 N. 27th Street
- Online: Click this Zoom Link and enter in the following:
- Passcode: 936910
- Webinar ID: 874 1876 2300 (if needed)
- To provide public comment at the appropriate time, click on the “raise hand” icon located at the bottom of the screen and the moderator will unmute your device.
- Email: [email protected].
Emails received after 3:00 PM on the day of the meeting, may be posted on the Council’s webpage the following day for public viewing.
This issue is 3rd on the agenda, so if you can’t get to council right at 5:30, that’s fine. It could be a long night.