Three positions are open February 1, 2021 for the Heights Water District. Filing opened up for three seats on December 10th and closes on February 8th. If more than 3 people file, an election will be held on May 4th. Board members are paid $150 per meeting if they attend; $100 if they do not attend.
These are the rules: https://sosmt.gov/…/2021-Special-Purpose-District…7-13-2233. Qualifications of directors.
- To be eligible for election or appointment to a board of directors, a person must be:
(a) registered to vote as required by law;
(b) 18 years of age or older;
(c) a citizen of the United States; and
(d) a resident of the district or an owner of real property in the district who is a resident of the state of Montana.
(2) A person who is serving on a board of directors on July 1, 2017, who does not meet the qualifications under subsection (1) may serve the remainder of the person’s term but may not be reelected or reappointed to the board. A person elected or appointed after July 1, 2017, must meet the qualifications under subsection (1). 7-13-2234. Term of office. (1) A director, elected or appointed, shall hold office until the election and qualification or the appointment and qualification of the director’s successor.
(2) Except as provided in subsection (3), the term of office of a director must be 4 years.
(3) (a) In districts requiring the election of five directors, three of the initial directors shall serve for a term of 2 years and two of the initial directors shall serve for a term of 4 years.
(b) In districts requiring the election of three directors, one initial director shall serve for a term of 2 years and two initial directors shall serve for a term of 4 years.
(c) At the first meeting following an initial election or appointment of directors, the directors shall determine by lot who shall serve a 2-year term.
(4) Directors to be first appointed under the provisions of this part and part 23 must be appointed within 90 days after the formation of the district.