Crowd It at Billings City Council
We need you back at City Council on Monday, February 27 at 5:30 pm.
This is the second reading reading for the zone change we got passed in Council on the 13th. It’s usually just procedural, but the city attorney has determined that all council members (not just those present at Monday’s hearing) will be able to vote on the second reading, and that we’ll need a super majority again to pass. So instead of the 6/3 vote we had on the 13th, we’ll need a 8/3 vote on the 27th.
This is not a sure vote, so it’s important for a crowd to show up in support and make public comment, and stay all the way through the vote. Last time we had about 10 people comment; it would demonstrate clear public support to get some fresh faces to comment this second time.
The best way to voice your support is to tell a personal story about (1) how high housing prices have affected you or anyone you know, (2) how important stable housing is to your quality of life, and (3) that you support this project.
Questions, text (we will both be there):
- Jenna Martin (406) 794-5828
- or, Melissa Smith (406) 534-9879
- In Person: Council Chambers, second floor of City Hall, 220 N. 27th Street
- Online: Click this Zoom Link and enter in the following:
- Webinar ID: 884 4105 8192
- Webinar Passcode: 745723
- To provide public comment at the appropriate time, click on the “raise hand” icon located at the bottom of the screen and the moderator will unmute your device.
- Email: [email protected].
Emails received after 3:00 PM on the day of the meeting, may be posted on the Council’s webpage the following day for public viewing.